My personal SWOT Analysis:
My ideal job ad:
The following ideal job ad would work perfectly for me because it combines all my talents and competences. Fashion is one of my biggest passions, i have always had an eye for detail, which can be useful to spot latest fashion trends and know what the typical consumer would like to buy. I consider myself organized too, as well as a perfectionist., which can come in handy when making sure everything runs smoothly. IBM will improve my competences as a manager/administrator, which i could use for this job.
Buyers Administrator Starting Summer 2017 | London | ASOS Careers
- Job Description: Buyers Administrator
- Do you live and breathe fashion? Have an eye for the latest trends? If so, you’re in the right place! We are looking to meet with aspiring Buyers who want to be part of the team responsible for developing and selecting the future fashion ranges for our customers. You need to be super organised, with over 85,000 products on the website we need Buyers Administrators to provide the support our teams need to ensure we’re constantly offering the most innovative, exciting products.
You’ll work in our stunning offices in Camden, in London, and have a unique opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of buying at one of the UK’s top online fashion destination.
- Delivering amazing administrative support to the team to make sure everything runs smoothly
- Maintaining the critical path and making sure suppliers ensure meet each key date so the product runs on time
- Managing and keeping track of hundreds of samples. This includes chasing them in for fits, pulling for meetings and finally sending over to production to be shot
- Working closely with Production, PR, Garment Technology and your suppliers is a daily task
- Supporting the team by preparing paperwork and product needed for meetings
We’d love to meet, someone who…
- Lives and breathes fashion and is passionate about the product
- Understands who the ASOS customer is and be able to find the latest trends relevant for them
- Is super organised, able to use initiative and to work in a high pressured environment
- Has great attention to detail to ensure all the important details such as selling price, shipment dates and product attributes are correct
- Is able to build great relationships with colleagues across the business and suppliers alike
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Great development programmes
- Amazing offices and great culture
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tons more…
Buying Team at ASOS
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. The Buying team are instrumental in making Asos the first for fashion and trends across Womenswear and Menswear. Our teams focus on developing and delivering a range that pushes the boundaries and meets the needs of our customer. The Buyers work closely with a number of business areas including Design, Merchandising, Marketing and Garment Technology and has relationships with a wide supplier base ensuring that the product we deliver is the best it can be! The Branded buying teams are responsible for creating & sourcing the brand mix for their department, covering big commercial brands through to high end designers and emerging brands to offer our customer the most exciting fashion trends and create a point of difference in the global market.